Monday, August 1, 2005

Wow wee woh wah.....

Yesterday we had a pretty good turn out at the Guerrilla artfare, who knew hispanic Jehovahs witnesses were so into arts and culture in this town. The Witnesses only stayed shortly before they went on about their daily business of ignoring birthdays and Holidays, hopefully they will be down again next week, they added a special flavor to the whole ordeal, and they make a lot of garbage.
It might sound wrong, and it may be the wrong thing to say, but I figure it will be at least half okay since I am half hispanic. What I wanted to say, or question, or wonder about is the hispanic Jehovah witness. From my experience Hispanic people are a festive people, they go all out at birthday parties and during the holidays, just how exactly do the hispanic Jehovahs witnesses supress this urge to participate in the celebrations, that from my experience, hispanics excell at.
My Dads side of the family really knows how to throw a hell of a party, and it just seems instinctual and effortless on their part, I was just curious.
Yeah, sparking some controversy, sounds good.
A man who shows up most Sundays as of late also made his presence felt by putting on a karate demonstration before he went on a twenty minute rant about how he was going to have the chamber of commerce sponsor his karate team, (which is not quite assemble yet, if anyone is interested he's the sweaty guy who lost some fingers due to frostbite). His team of Karate experts which he will personally train will work for the city and take care of the kind of jobs that the police wouldn't touch. He does need to work on his skills a bit, he's 45 and a bit out of shape, but he figures that by June of 2010 he will be in the best possible shape of his life, I for one believe him very much.
Also one last thing, I am trying to put together what will be a blind art show, two people working on seperate parts of what will eventually be one piece, all without seeing what the other is doing. It will be two boards that line up at certain premarked points with a certain color to bring the pieces together. No one will know what the entire piece looks like until the day of the show. If anyone is interested please contact me, there is no place to display yet, nor a set time, but I figure we can get together and begin working on it for the next year, if the next year even comes.
By the by, if tomorrow never comes would you know h0w much I love you? Just Curious.
Thank you for your support,
Rick Cork.

Contact me @http://theguywiththethings@hotmail.com