Friday, July 1, 2005

Rough ass week.

Let me tell you folks, what a rough ass week, out in the sun on the roof top being cooked alive for eight dollars an hour, better than a turkey who cooks for free, but not much, at least he has the fact that he is dead and feels no pain on his side. I on the other hand do feel pain, air so thick you feel as if your are either chewing or choking on it with every breath you take, every hateful word you speak. Covered in wood dust, tar, and shingle shake, water that taste like sweat and dirt no matter how careful you are to wipe your mouth with your filthy shirt.
This is the life for me, for now, and I am content, probably because I did not have to work today, and knowing that I will be drunk and feeling no pain within the next few hours.
Did I mention the house we were working on was on a farm, did I mention the smell of cow manure and urine, the mountains of bugs in the 120 degree attic that I swept clean, alone, me and a broom,shovel, and a little blue tarp.
Thanks for your support,
Rick Cork