Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Hey it is the super happy fun time after all

Hey everyone, it has been a while but well I've been absolutely busy doing jack shit, ha, ha,ha.
It's nice that you stopped by today, to say hello, or just to hear what it is I have to say, to tell you the truth I missed you.
We were released from work early today due to the threat of rain, this is what is called a roofers holiday. There is no secretary holiday, no fast food worker hoilidays, no Kinkos holidays, no sort of janitors holiday, but a roofers holiday, yes,yes,yes.
I made a sandwich for lunch and I went to eat it, and it was covered in ants, welcome to the mundane my friend, but that is life, is it not?
I have an art show in Milwaukee this coming Friday, another chance for me to stand around uncomfortably drinking and watching people as they go and look at my "art", until they feel my gaze upon them, and they walk away uncomfortable. This is the only way I know of to level the playing field. I like doing the work, I enjoy that part, but putting it on display for strangers, that makes me uncomfortable, and then trying to sell the stuff, trying to being kind and cordial, attempting to give them the feeling that this thing on the wall is something special, well it's not exactly the most natural thing for me, but I am trying, I am.
I guess that's about it, I thought that I had some heat going into writing this, but it quickly evaporated into the smoke and mirrors road show that is this blog.
Oh well, I'd say I'm sorry but I have no reason to be, I am learning to be civil without groveling. The three easy words, please, thank you , and sorry, try using them all in succession the next time someone does something for you and watch the magic happen.
Example:"Can I get a beer pleas, thank you, sorry." Bam! everytime.
Thank you for your support,
Rick Cork