Monday, September 12, 2005

I can feel it coming in the air tonight...

Today is my last day as a twenty five year old man. Tomorrow I will become a ripe old man of twenty six. Twenty five is really going out on a bad note, this would be the definition of a shitty day, not a good way to end what started out as a good year. As I look out into the horizon of what is to come I see sadness, a big long sadness. I can feel it crawling out in the back of my throat, and I will accept it and live with it and deal with this sadness accordingly. I have never been able to escape this feeling, it just follows me along, my sad little shadow that every once in awhile jumps on my crooked little back and lets me know that goddamit it is here to stay for a bit. It's a little like the cliched monkey on the back, only less obtrusive, it is just always there, just a little bit there, whether you are fully aware of its presence or not. Today I am aware, and i accept it for what it is, something that will pass, slowly, but surely. I don't mind it, it's something to do and deal with, not like I don't have enough on my plate already, but hell I'm an American, and we love love us a fucking full plate.
Thank you for your support,(I missed you all)
Rick Cork